Come Game: In home practice with a treat can filled with the best dogs treats and make sure when you shake the can it will make a noise easily heard.
• Shake the can and say your dogs name followed with come example “Tank, Come”
• The minute your dog starts to acknowledge you and the command start saying, “Good Dog”
• When your dog comes to you give your dog the treat
• When your dog becomes proficient with this game have someone place your dog in another room and call them to you make sure you shake the can
• As the dog becomes familiar with the game start shaking the can with less intensity and on occasions reward him with a treat
• Goal is to eventually just call your dog to you without the shake can and treats
In the back yard: You will need the shake can and a long lead training leash do not use extension leashes.
• Attach the long lead and let your dog roam around the yard
• Plan when you are going to call him and follow the instructions mentioned above
• Practice with leash for 2 weeks than remove the lead and practice the game
• Keep the game fun and exciting
As your dog becomes proficient with the come game in all circumstances than go to a park and practice make sure to use the long training lead.