When teaching a dog basic obedience commands I always incorporate hand signals. Why would I do this type of training?:
- Dogs are very visual they learn quickly by watching body language.
- Words do not mean that much to them they learn by the tone of your voice and certain body motions.
- In my class, I have a session called silent training most owners are surprised how quickly a dog response to just hand signals.
- Hand signals keeps a dogs attention more on you than surroundings.
- If your dog is semi-deaf or deaf hand signals are a wonderful way to train.
- If the owner can’t talk it is the best option to train their dog.
- Training with hand signals is fun and a great way to impress your family and friends.