In home practice with a treat can filled with the best dogs treats and make sure when you shake the can it will make a noise easily heard.
- Shake the can and say your dogs name followed with come example “Tank, Come”
- The minute your dog starts to acknowledge you and the command start saying, “Good Dog” Read More
The definition of “Come” is a command given to require your puppy to come close enough to you to allow you to gently grasp his collar or to ask for the sit command. Be sure to praise him every time he obeys this command and allows you to grasp his collar.
Dog and Puppy Training Tips for the Come Exercise:
- From a sit or down position, ask your dog to stay
- Facing your dog, walk out to the end of the leash
- Pause for a moment and then give the command “(dog’s name) come” using both voice and hand commands. The hand signal is having your left hand palm facing you tap your chest or stomach area Read More